Go Back to website

Wednesday 17 July 2013

How to Generate a QR Code (the square black and white barcode thingys!)


There's much debate whether QR codes (Quick Response Codes) are the next big thing or just a  marketing fad. However, if you're like me, I think they're pretty neat!



QR Code 

However, they're not without their drawbacks. Not all mobile devices come with a built-in QR Reader and sometimes (often a lot) they don't work. Although these are very real and limiting negatives, I think they do make a nice edition to a business card. I also believe they should never be used alone because of the above reasons, and I  think it's always nice to inform the user where the link leads to.

QR Code used on a Business Card


QR Codes are not just for linking to websites, they can be used to summon text, phone numbers and email addresses too!

If you decide that QR Codes are for you, it's incredibly easy to generate your own! The QR generator website I like to use is www.qrcode.ie. To get your QR Code, visit www.qrcode.ie and click the Create QR Code tab and follow the steps. It's so quick and easy and oh yeah, it's FREE!



What's been your experience of QR Codes? Let me know in the comments

If you enjoyed this post, please follow me on Twitter@WhoIsMelanieS

Sources:


http://gizmodo.com/5969312/how-qr-codes-work-and-why-they-suck-so-hard

https://marketingland.com/the-death-of-the-qr-code-37902

http://www.webdesign.org/miscellaneous/web-design-inspiration/free-business-cards.22203.html


No comments:

Post a Comment