Say you are trying to get the same effects from Photoshop into a new Photoshop document. Well, there's a solution for that. And you guessed it; it's simple once you know how!
1. Open photograph A. Add effects / layers to your photograph.
2. Make a new Photoshop document. Do this by selecting File, and New... and name your document in the fields provided - or, open another photorgaph (Photograph B.)
3. In Photograph A; select the layers you want to transfer. To select multiple layers, hold the shift key (Windows).
|Select layers you want to duplicate|
4. When layers are selected, click on the Layer Options menu at the top right of the layers palette. This is marked below in red.
|Layer Options Menu|
5. Select "Duplicate Layers" in this menu. The second selection from the top.
6. Select the document (Photograph B.) that you want to transfer the layers to from the drop down list.
|Select document you want to copy layers to|
And voilà! You're done!